Sunday, May 27, 2007

Books and More Books!

I ran over to the bookstore since they had a sale on today. I bought quite a few books for our summer reading. It may seem silly, but I enjoy owning the books and being able to read and re-read them whenever I want. Plus, I actually save money by not incurring library fines... I think that the library system ought to pay me to not borrow books!
To name a few, I picked up Sarah Plain and Tall, The Velveteen Rabbit, and #3 of The Canadian Flyer series for my 5yo. For the 10yo I grabbed #1 of The Roman Mysteries, Huckleberry Finn, and Owls in the Family. I picked up a few others, plus I already had some books here, so I think we're ready for the summer. Now I need to figure out how to get them on the plane without passing weight restrictions!
I don't need to take any books for myself, which will save a lot of space in our luggage. My mother has bought the entire Outlander series in the past few months, and I'm going to give it a go. I've looked at this series before, but haven't read any of it yet. Hopefully it will live up to the great reviews I've heard from friends and acquaintances.
I'd like to say that I'll read anything, but it's not true. Some books are so horribly written (or edited even!), that I can't be bothered with them. Hopefully by the time the children are grown, they'll have developed a love of good literature, and avoid the mindless drivel that can rot your brain.
Edited to remove tirade!

No comments: