Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Soon!

We'll be leaving early Thursday morning, and I can hardly believe that it's so close. I have a few last minute things to take care of, and then I'll pack. I'm so happy that I'll be home for the summer, but I'm sure that the children will miss their friends.
Due to the fact that we're taking our pets, we won't have the travel freedom that we usually have. I'll have to be around twice a day to feed them if nothing else! It's not that big of a deal though; it will save on being pulled in too many directions by all of the people who want to spend time with us. (Who would have thought that we'd end up being so popular!!?)
Hopefully dh's family will be understanding about this. I don't want them to feel slighted, but it's not as though I have a choice in the matter. Apparently we'll have to travel a few hours to see his grandparents, but at least we won't have to spend the night! His grandmother does not like me in the least (and has told me so), so it's a relief to not have to spend days in her company. I generaly pretend that she does like me and carry on as usual, including her in all conversations, etc. Drives her nuts! (Not even sure why she doesn't like me....I'm so darn likeable!)
Between gifts and books, we might have to take an extra suitcase. This is why I like the train: you don't have to worry about weight or size as much as flying. Unfortunately, no pets are allowed on the "new" train. Poor planning, if you ask me! Hopefully the cats will fly well. My mother's afraid that someone will try to throw us off the plane of Herecles yowls. I did my best with the vet for something to calm him- they were "sure he'd be OK". Oh, alright then....would you folks like to take him as carry-on?
Praying for good weather, a safe flight, and content pets and people!

No comments: