Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lasagna!

Tonight we'll be having lasagna. It's a recipe that I've adapted to my own tastes from a Reader's Digest cookbook. (It really only has faint traces of the original...as in the lemon juice!)I love it, and I always make a huge pan so that we can eat it for the rest of the week.

This is my recipe (I modify almost everything I make!)
sauce:
2 cans tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
lemon juice(2 Tbsps or so...)
1 container cottage cheese
1 egg (for binder)
1 c ricotta
1/2 c parmesan (Sometimes I don't bother with the ricotta or parmesan...I tend to save those for company!)

Saute:
garlic (at least 3 cloves)
1 large spanish onion

Add:
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, saute until release juices
1 cup pepper (any colour!)
1 med zucchini (chopped)
carrots
green beans
squash.....basically chop any veggies that you like and add them!

Top with 3(at least) cups fresh spinach, cover and simmer until wilted (couple of minutes at most)-can use frozen though, and then just heat through!

Then, just layer! I add grated cheese to the top of every layer of sauce. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.

1 comment:

J said...

Do you have a good recipe for vegetable lasagna? (ie no tomato sauce - ds has to watch his nightshades) I guess I could ask the group at CHB, too...duh...clicking over...
J