Monday, November 19, 2007

Granola

Here is a recipe for granola that I'll be trying out. I had a great granola recipe, but the last time I made it, I came down with strep the next day, and for some reason, I can't even stand the smell of it now. It worked that way for me with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast too. It first aired when I was magnificently ill with preg. #2, and to this day, the lyrics along can cause me to retch. (No joke there, and the kids think it's funny to flip the channel at the appropriate time, just to see me dry-heave!)
I guess it's the same thing as when you smell cinnamon and vanilla, or baking bread (or for some of us, burnt peas), and are immediately swept back to childhood. (My mother used to forget about the peas quite often in her attempt to be a great ps teacher and housewife..lol!)
So! I might whip some of this granola this week to send off to relatives in NS. I'll probably send some cookies or candy along with it; more than likely , I'll be sending gingerbread men, since my nieces and nephews can decorate them, and my fil can sit back and enjoy one of his favourite treats. It's been a while since I made him cookies!

No comments: