Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chocolate Coconut Drops

I've been baking up a storm, but I haven't really tried anything new. Well, there was the bread that I made yesterday, but the recipe needs tweaking. Tomorrow I'll be baking some pumpernickle, so I'll probably post the recipe to that.
Today we made some chocolate drop cookies. I'm sure that everyone has the recipe for these. They're sometimes called porcupines or haystacks, or even frogs (though I don't know why!)

1 1/2c sugar
1/2c butter/marg/earth balance/shortening
1/2c milk (dairy or non)
3c quick oats (not instant)
1c coconut
3Tbsp cocoa
1tsp vanilla
1/2tsp salt

Put sugar, butter and milk in a pan, and heat until butter is melted. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir well, and drop by teaspoon on greased baking sheet. Place in refrigerater until firm.

Quick, simple, and most importantly, chocolate!

No comments: