Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gluten free

Tomorrow we will officially be gluten free. It's taken me this long just to stop hyperventilating! I've armed myself with a new mixer and Bette Hagman's The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread. I've informed the family that this will be a trial that lasts at least two months. Considering we're having a dinner party next week, it should be interesting.
I've been reading lists of celiac symptoms, and to tell the truth, I have a longer list than dd! Of course, it could turn out that none of us has a problem with gluten, but I don't think it will hurt us to diversify our diet. Some people avoid wheat regardless of their reaction to the grain. If none of us has a wheat issue, we'll probably still eat some wheat, but maintain a mixture of gf recipes.
So, here it goes! I feel as though I'm on the brink of Niagra falls and forgot my barrel, but between me and Bette and all of the great info and blogs on the 'net, we'll muddle through somehow.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Ahhh, thus the bread making yesterday :) Good luck with it...I know of a lot of people who have had great success with going gluten free, even for a while. Keep us posted!