Friday, January 18, 2008

Curried Coconut Shrimp

I finally made something worth talking about! I've been quite busy with another project, so I haven't had the time to experiment much. We're going gluten free on Monday, and I felt the need of a few new recipes to get me through. This is my first one, and I like to think it turned out well. The dc ate it, and that tends to be a qualifier around here! The thing is- I didn't weigh the shrimp that I used, but I know that we each had five shrimp! Also, this isn't one of those exact science recipes (although most aren't!), so there's lots of room for improvisation. You could use chicken instead of shrimp, change the veggie or noodles or even use rice; add more or less curry....this is just a basic idea to work with!

Sautee 20 shrimp in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add 1Tbsp creamed coconut and 1/2can of coconut milk. Stir well to break down the creamed coconut. Add 1Tbsp curry powder (or to taste) and 1/2c peas, and cook for another minute or so. Serve over rice vermicelli.

No comments: