Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cheese Ball

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope that everyone has a wonderful time in the next few weeks. Enjoy your families and friends (even those that can be difficult!), and spend lots of time savouring good food. I don't know if I'll be around much in the next couple of days- I may need a break from baking! If I get the time or inclination I'll post about our Christmas dessert.

Today I made a cheese ball- it's pretty basic, but good:

1/2 block light cream cheese
1/4c grated old cheddar
1tsp worsterschire(sp??) sauce
1/4tsp minced garlic
chopped parsley (or dry if it's what you have)

Mix all together, then rool into a ball and roll in more chopped parsley or nuts. Wrap in wax paper and place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.

1 comment:

J said...

That's pretty much the same recipe I use but I never thought to put minced garlic in it, great idea. Mine called for minced onion. Will try both (can't get enough garlic, LOL)

J