Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Whirly's Shortbread

After the mess of this afternoon, I knew there was only one thing to do: I turned to my friend Whirly who has the best shortbread recipe I know of. She has mentioned that they take butter, and only butter. No substitutions! Sound advice, I think. Also, she wanted me to know that beating them for even ten minutes wouldn't be too much. So, beat them for at least ten minutes, use real butter, and success will be yours! Thanks again Whirly!

2 cups soft butter (no substitutes! )
1 cup icing sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup cornstarch

With electric mixer, beat butter until light. Gradually add icing sugar, beating well. Sift together flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating constantly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets; press lightly with floured fork. Bake in 300* oven for 25 to 30 minutes or just until set, but not browned.

No comments: