Monday, December 3, 2007

Gluten-free, Dairy-free Vegan Cookies

These are a work in progress, so if anyone actually tries this recipe, give me a heads-up! I'm still making some decisions about the ingredients, so they're subject to change. ;0) The dairy-free is for my dd and myself, the gluten-free is my dh, and we're all going vegetarian at some point....unless I get too scared! It was one thing when dh and I were vegetarians. It's yet another to drag two children into it with us.
So, here's the recipe in it's present glory:

1/3c oil (may use coconut oil, not sure yet...)
3/4c sugar (maybe maple syrup, which will change other ingreds of course)
1/4c molasses
1/4c non-dairy milk (I'll be using either soy or rice, but probably soy)
2c Featherlight Flour mix (by Bette Hagman)
1 1/2 tsp xantham gum (if this is too much or too little, let me know!!!)
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp nutmeg
1/2tsp cloves
1 1/2tsp ground ginger (may halve this and use some fresh-grated ginger)

The beginnings of this recipe came from Tofumom, but I've made quite a few changes. Who knows what it will look like when I'm done!! I'll probably make some half-batches and choose a favorite. I'll let you know how it goes on Wed. (the day I've booked for baking with the dc.)

Tomorrow I'll be making pumpernickle bread...or maybe I'll hold off until Wed when I already have the oven heated!

No comments: