Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Joy

Sometimes Christmas comes, and at the end of the day I think, "That was it? I think we missed something!"It's as though someone was slowly let the air out of a balloon. Everything was just a little deflated and flat.
Today wasn't like that. Every moment was filled with devoting myself either to caring for or playing with my children, or in total, blissful relaxation with a great book. I found myself thinking, "What!? Time's up? I'm not done yet!" Not in a panicky way, but like a child who hasn't had enough playground time. I allowed the dc to stay up two hours past their regular bedtime while we played games, just so it didn't have to end.
I wonder what the difference was. Same children, same dh, same home....well, you get the picture! I'm not trying to be philosophical here. I'm just wondering why this Christmas is different. Even now I feel the same quiet joy that I've felt for the past month. I'm content. It was a great day, and I'm happy.

1 comment:

J said...

I wonder what the difference was. Same children, same dh, same home....

hey, the difference was you! That was a lesson I needed to hear today, thanks for that! we have our christmas tomorrow and i've been dreading it...I have 24 hours to get my happy face back!

J