Saturday, December 15, 2007

Chocolate mint cookies

These are ridiculously easy, and they're great for a last-minute hostess gift. (I know- I whipped up a batch for a meeting this afternoon!) They're an easy version of the popular Girl Guide mint cookies.
2 boxes semi-sweet baking chocolate
3-6 drops mint flavouring
1 box Ritz crackers

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (I use a metal bowl over a pan of water), add mint to taste (for some, 6 drops may be too much, for other people, not enough!). Dip cookies, place on a greased/parchament-lined tray, put in fridge/freezer to harden, then serve.

I found this recipe online somewhere a while ago, but I'm not sure where it originated. I read a review with it that said if you use Andes mint baking bits, they're great. I haven't been able to find these, but if I do, I'll have to give them a try.

No comments: