Tuesday, December 4, 2007

snack

After dinner tonight, I decided that I should give the dc something for dessert. Since it was shortly before their bedtimes, I didn't want to bake anything; it would just come out of the oven when they had to go down. What could I do but turn to the trusty jar of peanut butter. Seriously, peanut butter has saved me many times. It is a great dip and sandwich spread, plus it tastes good in smoothies.
Tonight, I took 1/2c peanut butter and mixed it with 2Tbsp honey, 1/4 dried cranberries, and 2Tbsp coconut. The kids loved it, and it was quite filling. It would be great with apple slices, crackers, celery...basically anything you usually eat with peanut butter.
I probably didn't need as much honey as I used, but I was going for a desserty type thing. You could also add enough graham crumbs to make a stiff base, press into a pan, and serve as squares. Top with a drizzle of chocolate, maybe. Whatever you do, it will be worth the five minutes of effort.

No comments: